est. 1981

Jan 29, 2009

WE ARE MOVING...AGAIN !!

You read it right, Scott and I are moving back to California. Yes we are leaving our 3 kids and their families and our 3 grandchildren. Scott has had a rough time these last couple of years with work. In the 30 years I've known him, he has never struggled to keep a job. This economy has hurt us and a lot of other people too. He's never had a hard time finding a job, but this last year he's had a rough time keeping one. He did get a job in Northern CA, about 30 miles north of San Francisco, in a little town called Petaluma. He is already working for Petaluma Poultry. I'm still here in Mesa trying to wrap things up. I'm going back and forth for now and it's been 2 weeks since I've seen my honey!! I can't wait to fly up this weekend to spend the week with him. We already found a yummy mexican restaurant..it's delicious...so I guess we can move there now. He's renting an apartment while we look for a house. As you know, it's a really good time to buy, so we're hoping to find something that our kids can come to and visit and anyone else that wants to come. We are going to miss our kids and their families terribly! Thank goodness for Southwest! So your wondering why the picture of the sonic cup? The color blue in the cup isn't the right color for me, it should be brown, but it was the only picture I could find....anyway..I'M GOING TO MISS SONIC!. These last 5 years I've met some very special people at sonic who've become my good friends...I'll have to take pictures of them before I move and post them on my blog..I did a search to see where the nearest Sonic is up there and it's like an hour away! So what am I going to do? I'm going to try and stop drinking Diet Coke! My husband is going to be thrilled. Those of you who know me well...know that I'm a very addictive person and this happens to be one of them...so instead of using the excuse that I'm an addict...I'm going to give it a shot. A shot at trying to quit, not a shot of anyting else :-) I'll keep you updated..

6 comments:

Lissa said...

Julie without Sonic is like peanut butter without jelly, it just can't be. But good good luck!

And we won't even touch on the whole moving thing, you already know how I feel. Sniff sniff!

Jewel said...

I'm going to miss you both!! And good luck on the whole not-having-a-Sonic-anywhere-nearby thing! That's no fun. :(

Anonymous said...

DON'T MOVE, DON'T LEAVE!! WE WILL MISS YOU APPLE JUL AND POPEYE! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Debi Lassen said...

Jul, you can give it up! You can do anything you put your mind to...you are an amazing person!

Hey, and at least I can be happy for you moving back to California...you are still about the same distance away, but now I have a sibling back in this Golden State! Sure love you! Wishing you the best in your move!Love, Deb

Patty said...

Petaluma will be blessed to have the two of you. Too bad it wasn't the Central Valley.
We have a Sonic in Hanford, you could always come there and we can meet.

Cristin said...

We also have a Sonic a mile from our house. Come visit Sonic... and us.