est. 1981

Oct 29, 2008

A New Beginning...

I wasn't going to tell anybody about my new transformation...but..decided to share. About ten years ago, I lost 130 lbs. Then in the last year or so, I've put about 50 of those lbs.back on. I've tried several times to loose those 50 lbs and felt quite discouraged because it didn't matter what amount of weight I lost, or exercising I did, the dreaded bulge from the excessive weight loss would never go away. So I went to a plastic surgeon who said the only way to get rid of it would be to have a tummy tuck...Yep...and so I did it...the surgery was on October 2nd..and within a 3 hour period of time, I lost 10lbs of excessive skin and fat. If you can only imagine having a 10 lb baby laying horizontal at the bottom of your tummy...and never being able to deliver...but now it's all gone. Yipeeeee! It's been 4 weeks tomorrow October 30th. The recovery was a little tuff for about 2 weeks but as soon as the Dr. gave the okay, I've been back on the treadmill walking 3 miles. I still have a hard time holding my grandbabies for long periods of time...Those first 2 weeks I couldn't do any lifting what so ever..not even housework Ohhhhh..dang. So there it is a before and after picture...I'm so glad I did it!

Hours before the surgery..October 2nd

8 days later...October 10th

4 comments:

John and Lisa said...

Wow, Jul, the pictures are AMAZING! It's a great visual to see the before and after. It's only going to get better from here...
Love ya. Lisa

Debi Lassen said...

You look great, Julie! I'm so glad you could get rid of that extra skin. I know you have worked so hard to lose weight. You are inspiring! Love you,
Deb

Jami said...

um, you look fab. I didn't even know that you got that done. I think every mommy should get a tummy tuck after her babies are born. I am so glad that you did!

Patty said...

What a major difference, you are looking great!
I need to be more dedicated about exercise, that is amazing that so soon after your surgery you were able to walk that many miles.
I think that you have always been beautiful on the inside and out, you are such an amazing person.